At the beginning, the ZR’ core business was the construction and designing of PWC dedicated to races. Thanks to its performances highly above its competitors, ZAPATA RACING® becomes the leader of the market in this sector.
In a few years, Zapata Racing® worked with the best drivers and helped them reaching the winner’s platform, thus imposing itself as a reference in the competition world.
With its experience and expertise in the development of jet skis, Zapata racing® extends its range by offering new innovative products such as Flyboard® which is considered as a huge success worldwide;
therefore Zapata Racing® will focus on Flyboard® therefore won’t stop to improve the product while developing new ones, even more amazing in order to satisfy the athletes seeking for new sensations, that is to this end that Hoverboard byZRr® was born.
FRANKY ZAPATA is the inventor of the Hoverboard by ZR® and Flyboard® and owner of ZAPATA RACING® products factory based in France. Franky built his reputation on a solid Jet Ski racing carrier that saw him and the factory team he created (ZAPATA RACING) get the ultimate title: The RUN F1 WORLD CHAMPION title.
Franky’s passion, knowledge, experience and devotion contributed greatly to be an innovator. He pushed his invention to the limits not only technically but also on the challenging sport aspect.
The Hoverboard by ZR® is a water propelled device that allows its user to fly up to 5 meters above the water as fast as 40km/h, to realize multiple freestyle tricks.
The Hoverboard by ZR® is a surf board that is attached to a PWC (Personal Watercraft) which gives the Hoverboard by ZR® propulsion through air. The whole propulsion is routed through the primary nozzle that is attached to the board of the Hoverboard by ZR® user.
The PWC provides all of the propulsion for the Hoverboard by ZR®. The thrust from the PWC is routed through an 18 meters hose up to the Hoverboard by ZR® where the rider can enjoy new amazing sensation.
Then, the PWC follows behind the rider giving freedom to surf amongst the waves. The height that can be reached depends from the Jet-Ski power. The Hoverboard by ZR® can highs up until 5 meters and speeds up until 40km/h!!
The Hoverboard by ZR® can be practiced by two people with one PWC driver and one Hoverboard by ZR® rider.
But it can also be practiced alone thanks to the Electronic Management Kit (EMK). Indeed, the EMK is connected to the PWC engine which allows the user to have all the PWC control from the Hoverboard by ZR® through a throttle hold in the user’s hand. The EMK is an option that is not included on the Hoverboard by ZR® Kit.
The Hoverboard by ZR® kit is composed by the following elements
- 1 BOARD
- 1 PAIR OF STRAP
- 1 SUPPLY HOSE which provides pressured water from the PWC to the Hoverboard by ZR
- 1180 ELBOW which reverses the PWC water outlet
- Pump interface
- Hoverboard by ZR Connector
- Hose swivel
- The Hoverboard by ZR® set up requires an adapter according to PWC model.
- If you already own a Flyboard®, you just need to buy the board only since the whole kit is compatible.
Who can practice the Hoverboard by ZR?
- It is recommended not to use the Hoverboard under16 years old. No weight or height restrictions are imposed. Therefore beyond a certain weight (110kg) the user might not have an optimal experience.
Where and When practicing Hoverboard by ZR?
- The Hoverboard by ZR® can be practiced either in lake, pond, sea or ocean in the condition where minimum 4 meters depth is respected. It is strictly forbidden to use the Hoverboard by ZR® in tight spots such as swimming pools.
Mandatory Equipment & safety
- Hoverboard by ZR® is an extreme sport that requires the following items during practice:
- Buoyancy vest with CE certification
- Wakeboard helmet type
- Neoprene short
- It is mandatory to follow an hour of training in a specialized training center (rental basis) to understand the basics and the main security rules.
Monitoring and legislation
- The Hoverboard by ZR®, practiced alone (with EMK) is a sport monitored by the PWC legislation. It is advised to get close to the local authorities to know legal particularities according to the place where the Hoverboard by ZR® is practiced. For a use in French territory, the Hoverboard by ZR® user must have a coastal boat license (or be accompanied by someone who has one) and have a PWC license.
Type of PWC
- Hoverboard by ZR® is compatible with all type of watercrafts when it is approved and certified by local authorities. Adapters are available according to each brand and model.
- Minimum power requirement: 180HP
- Maximum power requirement: 300HP
- While the Hoverboard by ZR® requires low maintenance, we advise clear water cleaning after each use. The hose should be rinsed, dried and rolled up after each use and before storage. The Hoverboard by ZR® should be stored in a dry location.
All the spare parts are under one year warranty in case of proper use as recommended in the user manual. The official website is zapata-racing.com